Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cleveland Indians getting worse

Coming into today, the only team the Indians were better than in the American League was Detroit, and the Tigers absolutely annihilated the Tribe. A few comments about the team in general, up through this point...

1. I think we all want the Sabathia of last regular season, not the guy who was terrible in the playoffs. Unfortunately he looks like he's having a playoff hangover... of crappy pitching.

2. Stay with Betancourt as closer even after Borowski comes back from the DL. I haven't seen a pitcher this automatic for a blown save since Jose Mesa.

3. More Runs. Offense. Hello? Where are you? Are you gonna show up today? The pitching won't so I thought I'd let you know...

If things keep up, I'll have to switch to my "contingency team", the Mets. I really like the Mets, but I don't follow them anywhere near as much as I do the Indians... except when the Indians really suck, then my attention is split. The way the first two and a half weeks have, gone, it looks like by this time next month I'll be devoting time to the Mets on my Blog.

Heck, I may even ignore sports for a while and focus on more important things like music and politics (i don't want to get political on here though... I may get a little salty and even more egregiously verbose).

On that note, I'm outta here. Just like the Indians chances if they keep up the craptacular play.

No comments: