Saturday, April 12, 2008

A night to reflect... or to party... or to reflect... or...

Most everybody I know likes to go out and party and socialize and "live it up" so to speak on the weekends, especially Saturday nights. I was there too, and probably more outrageous and livelier than most everyone else, but I was getting tired of doing the same things and seeing the same people (and perhaps most importantly, spending all that cash). To add to that, it seemed that I wasn't being true to myself or others about who I really was... it was as if I had created a persona to handle my weekends.

I had told myself that I would no longer go out period, and chose to turn Saturday nights into a night in to reflect on things. It's great to just have the time to just settle down and forget the hustle and bustle, but after a little over two months of having no social life whatsoever, I decided it was time to go out again last Saturday night.

I had a really good time, and it was really cool to see a lot of my acquaintances and friends and listen to the music and have a few drinks, but I made the decision that I would make sure not to overdo anything, and not be as attention grabbing as I had been. I ended up having a really good time, and it was cool, but once again, I'm taking this weekend off to just reflect, and no it's not because I don't want to go out.

It's because I don't have the cash for it. I've started to save up money, and I don't want to just go back to the paycheck by paycheck thing. So here I am, writing out about my thoughts and reflections, doing something to pass the time, without having to spend a dime.

With all that being said, I have reflected and thought that it would be good to go out tonight. It's about that time I should put my foot down and make some sort of decision...

No comments: