Monday, April 14, 2008

Nine Inch Nails Ghosts I-IV

After patiently waiting to receive my hard copy regular edition straight from the source, I was happy that when I got home, the physical product was finally in my possession.

Unlike many people, who were complaining that it was taking so long to get their copy after they pre-ordered directly from Trent and Crew, I was placated by the fact that I still had my 320 kbps download version on two discs to hold me over.

Now that I have the real thing, I won't be listening to the mp3 version of the album anymore. The sound quality is so much fuller and rich, and a lot of sound that got compressed out have made it back into the recording.

Is this the best album of 2008 so far? Hardly. That right now is currently being held by R.E.M.'s Accelerate. But none the less, Ghosts, in all 36 instrumental tracks of beauty, is definitely in the top 5, and may contend for end of year best 10.

No comments: